CLEANING STANDARD NEN 2075
About NEN 2075
The NEN 2075 model is based on standard EN 13549. Quality determination is performed visually without the use of measuring instruments or equipment. The NEN 2075 is designed to meet the expectations of cleaning services customers and the cleaning industry’s capabilities. The NEN 2075 is considered to be a generally accepted standard and the evaluation model is intended to assess the quality of cleaning of buildings and premises of various uses (universities, schools, administrative buildings, care homes, etc.). The standard quality control system consists of two parts that are related and connected to each other:
- daily inspection (routine check);
- periodic cleaning conformity assessment (cleaning quality audits).
The quality level of cleaning is measured according to the objective criteria, specified in the NEN 2075 model. NEN 2075 ensures a balance between the cleaning process and cleaning tasks, which helps to leave fewer nonconformities (errors, dirtiness, pollution). Using the model, the cleaning process is constantly monitored and refined. The model assesses the minimum quality level for the cleaning services provided.
Using the model, the NEN 2075 quality measurement is performed by comparing the established result with the described one in the normative assessment procedure. The assessment model has three main acceptable quality limits (AQL): 3 %, 4 % and 7 %. The assessment model is used to assess both the quality of the technical part of cleaning and the quality control of cleaning services, which can be part of the cleaning process.
The NEN 2075 model assesses whether the result is in line with the standard quality threshold, thus identifying the number of nonconformities and dividing them into four groups:
- lack of periodic cleaning works;
- methodical cleaning errors;
- uncleaned surfaces;
- lack of surface maintenance (unacceptable cleanliness criterion, but not due to the cleaning services company’s fault).
The system has a definite maximum threshold for the number of errors, exceeding which is unacceptable, as the quality level stipulated by the cleaning service is not achieved.
The NEN 2075 system is important for maintaining business relationships between the customer and the cleaning company, since it allows you to set the minimum acceptable quality level in advance and objectively distinguishes between acceptable (good) and unacceptable (bad, poor) cleaning quality.
Determination of the quality level is carried out in accordance with the cleaning surfaces in the building. For the smooth use of the model, it is necessary to indicate the entire inventory in the building, as the quality is determined by the evaluation of the elements to be cleaned. NEN 2075 is applied in buildings where all elements (cleaned surfaces) are cleaned at least once a week.
NEN 2075 is an effective management tool that cleaning companies and customers use to find common language, maintain quality levels and work cooperatively.
The quality of the cleaning services provided by this system is compared with the standard cleaning quality – this allows us to remain impartial and objective with respect to the customer and cleaning services company. When applying this model, a third party—certified by the EN 13549 standard (independent from the customer and the cleaning services company)—has to perform a quality evaluation of cleaning services once a quarter.
Standard NEN 2075 is included in the contractual obligations between the cleaning services company and the customer. The NEN 2075 does not have the ability to assess the quality level of landscaping services.
Application, introduction, training and certification of the standard NEN 2075.
- Cleaning services companies, cleaning services customers or other related persons can apply the NEN 2075 standard on a voluntary basis, but in order to confirm the validation of the standard used they should get a certificate. QUALITAS PRIMUM performs the certification process and issues certificates as an independent third party to those who have introduced quality control systems according to NEN 2075.
- QUALITAS PRIMUM provides the application and introduction of the assessment model NEN 2075 in the organisation’s quality control systems, provides training for employees (cleaners (cleanliness specialists), team leaders, supervisors, managers, directors), and can perform independent certification.
STANDARD NEN 2075:
©NEN 2075:2017 – Valymo veiklos matavimo modelis ir procesų kontrolės sistema;
©NEN 2075:2017 – Measuring model and process control system for cleaning performance;
©NEN 2075:2017 – Kwaliteitsmeetsysteem en procescontrolesysteem voor de schoonmaakdienstverlening;